It’s not going to be November 24th for much longer, so I wanted to take a quick pause and write a super quick post in honor of Thanksgiving.
We host T-giving every year at Casa D and it’s always my favorite holiday of the year. I’ll post pictures & recap tomorrow. But for now, I wanted to do a top 10 (at the request of my sister, Nicole)
So here it is. Stacey’s Top 10 Things I’m Thankful for (some serious, some silly. some of these are meant to be funny)
10. large fountain diet cokes on ice: If I could marry diet cokes on ice, I would. Quite possibly my favorite thing on the planet
9. magazines. books will always be my #1, but I love the feeling of getting a brand new magazine (either in the mail or from the store—whichever!) and spending an hour or so flipping through. Plus, the Bullseye in EW is my favorite part of the week.
8. Our armed service men and women. we have the best military in the entire world and I am so thankful to the men and women that serve and that are away from their loved ones during this holiday season, so that I can be with mine. Thank you really doesn’t seem enough.
7. my dog. even though I complain about her sometimes, Maggie is really an incredibly sweet dog and I love her to bits and pieces.
6. my education. I’m so grateful that I was afforded the opportunity to get a college degree and am in the process of a graduate degree. Education is something that no matter what, no one can take away from you.
5. my iPhone. Sure, it’s completely superficial, but (besides the fact that I love my phone almost as much as I love my dog), cell phones have made it easier for me to keep in touch with my friends and family that are scattered all over the place.
4. somewhere to spend the holidays. I’ve never had to worry about where I’ll spend the holiday season because I have a whole mess of people that love me and would welcome me with open arms.
3. my health I’m healthy and happy right now. Can’t ask for much more than that.
2, my friends. I have amazing friends all over the place. They make me laugh, inspire me to do more, and challenge me to be better. I don’t say it nearly enough, but I am so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.
1. my family. as Anthony Brandt one said “other things may change us, but we begin and end with family.” I can’t even put into words how completely and totally blessed to have the people that make up my large, loud and (sometimes) crazy family. I have amazing parents (that I am so eternally grateful to and mean more to me than they could EVER possibly know), fantastic siblings who are not just family, but my best friends, plus grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that love me & support me, no questions asked. Ever. Sitting around my folks’ dining room table earlier this evening, I couldn’t help but feel extremely lucky to have all of these people that would literally do anything in the world for me. I hope that everyone has the chance to feel that sometime.
So that’s it. It’s getting late and there’s still stuff that needs to be put away & cleaned. I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed holiday!