So a lot has been going on in my life the past few weeks. I’m going to make it a priority to blog regularly and really hold myself accountable to post.
So what’s been going on in la vie de Stacey?
1. I went and saw Brad Paisley and Blake Shelton at Progressive Field (aka the Jake!) last month. The concert was AWESOME and I had the best time. I went with a huge group (seriously, there was probably 20-25 of us), including my mom and BFF growing up (KBC) and HER mom (Wikki). KBC and I have known eachother for nearly 20 (yikes!) years and even though we’ll go through periods where we’re not as close, I love the fact that no matter what, when we’re together, no time has past. She’s a HUGE Brad fan (I’m partial to Blake!), but we had the best time dancing and drinking beers and singing along (loudly)–especially since we knew pretty much every song. It was a gorgeous night, great music and even better company. I REALLY hope the Indians continue with the Indians Music Fest next year (and make sure Blake Shelton is there!).
2. I (finally) got my godmother/aunt’s wedding band reset. When she died four years ago, she left me her wedding ring. Since the band itself had to be cut off her finger (and it was yellow gold, which I’m not a huge fan of), I knew I was going to have to get it reset. I waited awhile, mostly because it just seemed so soon–I wasn’t ready to deal with going through her things. But my mom and I decided it was time and I am SO glad I did. Her diamond is a lovely and marquis shaped (and pretty sizeable). Rather than put it in a setting that screamed “engagement”, I chose a more abstract piece. As soon as I figure out how to upload photos, I’ll post some pictures. I was so touched when I found out she wanted ME to have her ring and even though I miss her, having the ring on me keeps me connected to her. It’s like having a piece of my aunt with me every day.
3. I’ve been tweeting baseball like crazy. I’ve always been a huge Indians fan, but now that the tribe is doing so well, it’s even more fun. It’s also reallllly fun to connect with other Indians fans in Cleveland that I might not otherwise meet. So, thumbs up twitter and thumbs up Indians fans.
4. This is probably the biggest. I decided to go back to school to finish my law degree and add on an MBA with a focus in marketing. The past few months have been exactly what I needed in my life–a break to really sit and think about what I want from life and what I want my life to be. I’ve done a lot of self-reflecting and a lot of evaluating what I want to do with my life. I knew I wanted a career that I could be proud of & one that I enjoyed doing. I’m still not 100% sure what I want to do SPECIFICALLY, but I do know that I’d like to get into the Marketing/PR/Communications world. I think the MBA will surely help and I’ll also have a JD. So I’ll be looking for an internship most likely for the fall to really get some REAL experience in marketing a PR.
5. Even though I’ve always been a big reader, I’m trying to read more. I’m turning off the tv (with the exception of Indians games, RedEye, TrueBlood and Drop Dead Diva!), and opening up more books. I finished Jay Asher’s “13 reasons why” in a night & I just fell in love. I’m going to do an actual review post, because I had such a strong emotional reaction to it and think that it’s worth a post of its own. I’m always welcoming book suggestions and I’ll try to make some of my own.
6. Catching up and reconnecting with old friends. I’m lucky enough that I live close enough to so many wonderful people that have been in and out of my life. I’d like to make sure that more stay IN. I’ve been trying to go out with friends more, instead of staying at home & feeling sorry for myself. I had dinner with a girlfriend on Friday that I hadn’t seen in years. We met as counselors at Girls State when we were in college and we totally hit it off. Jess is amazing and I’m so blessed to have her in my life. We closed the restaurant and promised to make sure we see eachother way more.
Tha’ts really about it for now. The Indians/Blue Jays game on on and it’s such a beautiful afternoon that I think I’ll sit poolside, listen to the game and maybe have a diet coke on ice!